- April 2016 - Profiling Race (On YouTube)
- June 2015 - The Injustice System (Free Online)
- March 2015 - Spanish Lake (On Netflix)
- March 2013 - Brick by Chance and Fortune
- May 2012 - The Pruitt-Igoe Myth
- February 2012 - Urbanized (On Netflix)
Studies and Reports
- July 2016 - The National Community Reinvestment Coalition - Home Mortgage Lending in St. Louis, Milwaukee, Minneapolis and Surrounding Areas
- June 2016 - Better Together - The Will to Change
- June 2016 - Washington University - Tax Abatement in St. Louis: Reforms Could Foster Equitable Development
- March 2016 - Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Place Matters and So Does Race
- January 2016 - Better Together - General Administration Study #3
- January 2016 - Brookings Institution - Metro Monitor: Tracking Growth, Prosperity, and Inclusion
- December 2015 - St. Louis County - Special Countywide Audit Services Audit Report
- December 2015 - Better Together - General Administration Study #2
- December 2015 - Better Together - General Administration Study #1
- December 2015 - CitiesStrong - Comparing St. Louis and Indianapolis Government Structures
- November 2015 - Better Together - Fire Protection Study #2
- September 2015 - The Ferguson Commission - Forward through Ferguson: A Path Toward Racial Equity
- September 2015 - Better Together - Fire Protection Study #1
- July 2015 - East-West Gateway - Where We Stand: The Strategic Assessment of the St. Louis Region
- July 2015 - Washington University & St. Louis University - For the Sake of All: A report on the health and well-being of African Americans in St. Louis and why it matters for everyone
- June 2015 - Better Together - Parks and Recreation
- May 2015 - Harvard University - The Impacts of Neighborhoods on Intergenerational Mobility: Childhood Exposure Effects and County Level Estimates
- May 2015 - Fraser Institue - Municipal Algamation in Ontario
- April 2015 - Police Executive Research Forum - Overcoming the Challenges and Creating a Regional Approach to Policing in St. Louis City and County
- March 2015 - U.S. Department of Justice - Investigation of the Ferguson Police Department
- March 2015 - Better Together - Transparency Report
- January 2015 - St. Louis University - Tax Increment Financing in St. Louis County from 2000-2012
- January 2015 - Milken Institute - 2015 Best Performing Cities Report: Where America's Jobs are Created and Sustained
- October 2014 - Better Together - Public Safety: Municipal Courts
- August 2014 - Better Together - Public Health Study
- May 2014 - Better Together - Economic Development
- May 2014 - The Abell Foundation - 40 Years After Unigov: Indianapolis and Marion County's Experience with Consolidated Government
- March 2014 - Community Builders - Rebound Neighborhoods in Weak Market Regions: The Case of St. Louis
- December 2013 - OneSTL - Plan for a Prosperous, Healthy, Vibrant St. Louis Region
- September 2013 - St. Louis County - Imagining Tomorrow
- September 2012 - University of Buffalo - Economies of Scale in Local Government: General Government Spending
- February 2012 - National Association of Counties - Reshaping County Government: A Look at City-County Consolidation
- January 2012 - Institute on Municipal Government and Finance - Economies of Scale in Fire and Police Services in Ontario
- June 2011 - St. Louis Regional Chamber & Growth Association - Talent: The Future of St. Louis Metro in the Knowledge Economy
- November 2010 - Eastern Washington University - An Analysis of Regional Government and Reforms
- April 2010 - University of Toronto - Economies of Scale in Ontario Municipal Services: Are Larger Municipalities Really More Efficient?
February 2010 - MIT Press - Was Postwar Suburbanization "White Flight"? Evidence from the Black Migration
- May 2009 - Rutgers - Literature Review and Analysis Related to Optimal Municipal Size and Efficiency
September 2008 - The Brookings Institution - A Restoring Prosperity Case: Louisville, Kentucky
- January 2007 - Economies of scale in Danish municipalities: Expenditure effects versus quality effects
- November 2005 - Indiana Policy Review Foundation - The Effects of City-County Consolidation: A Review of Recent Academic Literature
- January 2005 - Onondaga Citizens League - Strategic Government Consolidation
- 1977 - The University Press of Kentucky - The Politics of City-County Merger: The Lexington-Fayette County Experience
- Elizabeth Kneebone and Alan Berube - Confronting Suburban Poverty in America
- Colin Gordon - Mapping Decline: St. Louis and the Fate of the American City
- Lana Stein - St. Louis Politics: The Triumph of Tradition
- Adam Arenson - The Great Heart of the Republic: St. Louis and the Cultural War
- Clarence Lang - Grassroots at the Gateway: Class Politics & Black Freedom Struggle 1936-75
- Eric Sandweiss - St. Louis: Evolution of American Urban Landscape
- Mark Tranel - St. Louis Plans: The Ideal and the Real St. Louis
- Jonathan Kozol - Savage Inequalities: Children in America's Schools
- Peter Burns - Electoral Politics Is Not Enough
- E. Terrence Jones - Fragmented by Design
- Roger Kemp - Forms of Local Government: A Handbook on City, County and Regional Options
- J.B. Carr and Richard Feiock - City-County Consolidation and Its Alternatives: Reshaping the Local Government
- Rae Archibald and Sally Sleeper - Government Consolidation and Economic Development in Allegheny County and the City of Pittsburgh Landscape
- Brett Hawkins - Nashville Metro: The Politics of City-County Consolidation
- Bernard Ross and Myron Levine - Urban Politics: Power in Metropolitan America
- Ronald Vogel and John Harrigan - Political Change in the Metropolis
- James Neal Primm - Lion of the Valley
- Lincoln Steffens - The Shame of the Cities
- Daniel Kahneman - Thinking, Fast and Slow
- 2014 - St. Louis University Public Law Review Vol. XXXIV No. 1
- Peter Salsich Jr. & Samantha Caluori - "Can St. Louis City & County Get Back Together?"
- Colin Gordon - "Patchwork Metropolis: Fragmented Governance and Urban Decline in Greater St. Louis"
- Todd Swanstrom - "The Local Government Dating Game: Metropolitan Development and City-County Merger"
- Joe Wilson - "Given a Hammer: Tax Increment Financing Abuse in the St. Louis Region"
- E. Terrence Jones - "Toward Regionalism: The St. Louis Approach"
- Anders Walker - "House to House: Mergers Annexations & The Racial Implications of City-County Politics in St. Louis"
- 2013 - St. Louis University Public Law Review Vol. XXXIV No. 1
- Barbara Bezdek- "Citizen Engagement in the Shrinking City: Toward Development Justice in an Era of Growing Inequality"
- Sarah Coffin - "The Promises and Pitfalls of TIF in the St. Louis Metropolitan Region: A Look at Neighborhood Disparities"
- Colin Gordon - "St. Louis Blues: The Urban Crisis in the Gateway City"
- W. Dennis Keating - "Urban Land Banks and the Housing Foreclosure and Abandonment Crises"
- James Kelly Jr. "A Continuum in Remedies: Reconnecting Vacant Houses to the Market"
- Alan Mallach - "Sustainability, Social Equity and the Idea of the Good City in Post-Industrial America"
- J.S. Onésimo Sandoval - "Understanding the Demographic Hurdles to Revitalize Saint Louis"
- Aaron Taylor - "Segregation, Education, and Blurring the Lines of Division in St. Louis"
- 2005 - Washington University Law Review Vol. 83 Issue 1
- Jennifer Frericks - "A Regional Government for Fragmented St. Louis: Even the “Favored Quarter” Would Benefit"
- 1984 - Bryan Cave - "Legal Feasibility Study of the Combination of the City and County of St. Louis"
Supreme Court Cases
- Jones v. Alfred H. Mayer Co., 392 U.S. 409 (1968)
- Shelley v. Kraemer, 334 U.S. 1 (1948)
- Missouri ex rel. Gaines v. Canada, 305 U.S. 337 (1938)
Scott v. Sandford, 60 U.S. 19 How. 393 393 (1856)
Article VI Local Government
- Counties: Section 1-17
- Local Government: 18-18(r)
- Special Charters: Sections 19-22
- Finacnes: Sections 23-29
- City and County of St. Louis: Sections 30(a) & 30(b)
- City of St. Louis: Sections: 31-33
Article XII Amending the Constitution
- Petition: Section 2(b)
- Quartz - "Geography is making America's Uneven Economic Recover Worse"
- Governing - "The Crucial Difference Between Policies and Programs"
- Strong Towns - "The Sprawl Conversation"
- The Atlantic - "How America's Coastal Cities Left the Heartland Behind"
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch - "Election Day Problems Caused by Fragmented Government"
- CITYLAB - "Why Does St. Louis Keep Running Out of Ballots on Election Day?"
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch - "An Option to the 'Unigov example for St. Louis Region"
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch - "Unifying St. Louis Becomes Quest for Young Man"
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch - "St. Louis Merger Considerations From Other Cities"
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch - "The 9 Boroughs of a Greater St. Louis"
- National League of Cities - "City-County Consolidations"
- Georgetown Public Policy Review - "Ferguson, One Year Later"
- Dissent - "The Making of Ferguson"
- Michigan Live - "Is it worth consolidating cities and townships to save taxpayers money?"
- New Republic - "Hacking the City"
- St. Louis Public Radio - "Analysis: Vast Differences in how much St. Louis-area school districts are spending per student"
- The Atlantic - "Why the Economic Fates of America's Cities Diverged"
- St. Louis Post Dispatch - "Erase arbitrary boundaries to build a greater St. Louis"
- Dissent - "Segregation's Long Shadow"
- St. Louis Business Journal - "Too Small to Survive: Velda City, Beverly Hills, Pine Lawn"
St. Louis Post Dispatch - "St. Louis County hopes to reduce the 'sprawl' trend"
- nextSTL - "The View from Kirkwood"
- Bloomberg Business Week - "The County Map That Explains Ferguson's Tragic Discord"
- St. Louis Post Dispatch - "Editorial: Regional thinking, not statistics, makes the argument for city-county reunification"
- Government Executive - "Should St. Louis City and St. Louis County Consolidate?"
- nextSTL - "Area Sees Big Brain Gain, But Is It the Opposite of Brain Drain?"
- Nashville Public Library - "Short History of Metropolitan Government for Nashville-Davidson County"
- The New York Times - "Mapping American: Every City, Every Block"
- The St. Louis American - "Time for City to Re-Enter County"
The Washington Post - "When Police Departments Don't Look like the Cities They're Meant to Protect"
nextSTL - "Millennials Are Saving St. Louis, and Why We Need More of Them"
- St. Louis Post Dispatch - "St. Louis Area Trails in Jobs Created by Foreign Firms"
- St. Louis Post Dispatch - "Look Back 250 - Race Hatred, Workforce Tensions Explode in East St. Louis in 1917"
- St. Louis Public Library - "The 1876 St. Louis City/County Divorce and its Effect on Research"